Berat historical guide – UNESCO heritage
Berat is one of the oldest cities of Albania (2400 years of civilization), also part of UNESCO heritage. It is famous for its characteristic architecture, which has also given to the city the name ‘the city of 1001 windows’. The guide includes the visit in these sites of interest:
- The Castle– an inhabited area since the beginnings of its civilization, around 2400 years
- Onufri Museum– This museum contains a rich iconographic collection and some religious service items.
- Etnographic Museum – was opened in 1979 and contains a diversity of everyday objects from the history of Berat, shows the culture and hospitality traditions of the area.
- Gorica Bridge – The bridge’s primary purpose is to connect the neighborhood of Gorica, over the Osum River, with the beautiful Mangalemi quarter and adjacent neighborhoods.
- The medieval center – has been built by Sultan Bayazit II at the end of the XV century.
- Mangalem & Gorica quarters.
See the best Berat attractions with a plan including 1001 Albanian Adventures